Tuesday 15 October 2013

People don't choose where they are born - phoney shock

Oh my god, can you believe it, people live in the UK who weren't born there :-OOOO 
Oh my god even more - some of  the people who weren't born in the UK are claiming job seeker allowance.

After you've picked yourself up off the floor following that amazing revelation, here is the good news - all the people involved where born on planet earth.   Intergalactic benefit tourism is yet to take hold. 

I don't know about you, I didn't have any say in where I was born or who I was born too. Yet there are people out there for whom it seems to be the be all and end all of life.

Are we seriously to believe that no one is ever to be allowed to move from country to country. Do we have figures for how many people born in the UK claim benefits form other countries. Do we tot them up and play I'll pay for one of yours if you pay for one of mine.

It used to be said that a to be born an English man was to win the lottery of life - frankly, I still think that holds true, but we have a small number of very miserable lottery winners who think that someone else's gain if their loss.

If the UK had a record of staying at home and minding their own business this might be understandable but no country has a longer and more through record of involvement in the affairs of other countries, often by the conquest and colonisation.

No comments: